Sunday, September 8, 2013

Inspiration from Angela Waters, Superior Threads and Tula Pink

Hi to all

My apologies for not posting sooner, I have created a facebook page for my Longarm and quilting business and seem to be concentrating on that instead of the blog. If you are interested in the viewing the latest projects please contact me by email.

Otherwise here are some photos of the latest quilt of the longarm showing the design ideas and progress. This was quilted off and on over three days and is reasonably heavily quilted. The design and idea is based heavily on a quilt from Angela Waters whose work I really admire. It is the feathers that I first fell in love with and then the  contrasting straight lines around the feathers.
This is a secret gift for a good friend and her fiance who I know do not follow my blog. Their two favorite colors are purple and blue, as I had never made a purple quilt before it was a challenge. Hidden inside the quilting is the year 2014, their initials and  Irish shamrock and a New Zealand fern.
Part of the procedure was to sketch with chalk the feathers and spines and then quilt them and then the straight lines to make the feathers stand out. I then moved onto the colored sections and I ended up using 12 different threads on the colored section the threads were  mostly from Superior threads and in a range of thread weights as well as one or two variegated from Signature threads.
The last photo to show you is the photo of the finished quilt before I put the binding on.
Thanks for dropping by.









1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and the quilting you have done is beautiful! I love purple and blue myself as you know!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./