Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hi to all,
Well the first of June has come and gone and we are now heading down to Christmas and here in New Zealand it is officially winter. Over the long weekend we have just had I finished Karen's  quilt for her granddaughter. I love the colours Karen has used, and have used over  five different threads to enhance the appliqued flowers. My favourite threads that I have used are Glide and a mixture of threads from Superior Threads ranging from  a fine weight right up to a 30 weight, by using these threads different elements have been isolated and made more dramatic. The two photos included show before and after. In the background I have quilted extra butterflies around the topiary tree  and around the base of the tree there are quilted flowers to enhance the garden and give depth. Over the next week I am going to quilt some pillows to go with this quilt and will post photos when they are done.
By for now Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./