Sunday, January 17, 2010

An Interesting Few Days

Hi to everyone.

I have not spent a lot of time sewing at my machine over the last week. but I have managed to finish one small item, and made progress on two other items.

IMG_4469Progress us certainly been made on Simply Red. I am down two sides and have completed the corners   on two sides as well. I have seemed to get over the hurdle that was in my mind and now are flowing quite well.

IMG_4470

I have stopped Simply Red for a few days to play with some of my Red Delicious blocks. I am in the middle of designing a shoulder bag to take out for the day to carry all my quilting needs including spaces for cutting boards, rotary cutters, a drink bottle and a cup. IMG_4471This is the front so far. All the pieces are cut and prepare and now I need a few hours to complete the project. Around the appliqué I have stippled and had a lot of fun. I have a few other blocks appliqué and at least one of them is going to be used in this project. As I am going I am trying to write the pattern so its is taking longer than I hope.

Something exciting for our family this new car week is we bought a new car, In the photo it looks as though it is red but truly it is pink. It has been interesting when I tell family and friends we have bought a pink car ther reactions have been varied the only positive feedback so far has been from a friends eight year old daughter. I am getting to love my new car, but it was certainly hard to see the old red one go we had it for over ten years.

Let me know what you think of pink cars, I am telling the 16 yr old daughter who told us she was not going to travel any where in a pink car we were starting a new trend. I must admit she went out in it today and had now complaints.

Must go and finish dinner Best Wishes to you all Jeannette

2 comments:

  1. There is so much work in each of those pieces, your quilt will be magnificant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt will be beautiful! I love the pink car too:-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./