Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sampler Quilt Cherry Pie Topper

Hi to everyone,
Over the last week I have finished a rush quilt for the new quilt shop that opened in the area. I picked it up the Wednesday before last  on the machine on Friday afternoon and finished it Monday of this week. I could not post photos of the finished quilt due to it being a block of the month
The quilting is a combination of ruler work and freehand custom work, once again I had a great time quilting it. It was a very thin batting so some of the designs do not jump out as much as I would like. This was the first time I had used one of my new rulers the "The Mini Clamshell"  by Belinda Betts, from Eucalypt Ridge Quilting. A great ruler I used it in the sashings to create the mini clamshells.I also found out that you can create reasonable circles with it as well.









Back on the machine this week is the Cats Delicious, I managed to finish most of it before the sampler and hope fully I will finish it over the next day or so and post photos. 
Thanks for dropping by Jeannette 

1 comment:

  1. love the colours in the sampler quilt. You have doone a great job on the quilting Jeanette. Will you get some longarm business from the shop?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./