Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Finishes

Hi,
The progress in the last month has been slow on Getrude, unfortunately Gerite had to go away for some maintainence, so both she and I had a break. Last monday Gertie returned home in a very large box all packed up safely and is now reinstalled on her table.

So this week we have managed to finish two quilts, both will need bindings in the evenings over the next few days.
The first one was my first attempt at machine applique, I must say I do prefer hand applique.

This quilt was freemotioned quilted with double roses and leaves and swirls. The one below was a kit, this quilt was quilted using the circle template tools and the free motioned feathers in the centre of some of the squares and around the swag border
The one at the bottom is hanging on my studio wall and  is an original design. It is macine pieced and hand appliqued The quilting is a combination of both machine and hand quilting. My apologies for Blogger I am fighting with it to get everything to line up to no avail. Talk to you soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./