Saturday, March 13, 2010

Changes in the wind and an Update

It has been an interesting week here, I have had two telephone interviews and two face to face interviews for three positions I have applied for. Unfortunately they are all full time so if I get one of them not much stitching will be happening in the future.IMG_4878

Today is the first time in more than a week that I have been able to get out and work on the “Red Beastie”, this quilt has taken so long and is really trying my patience. I have managed to do a incredible amount of reverse stitching. A lot of the larger pieces have more than one seam sometimes two on the bias, so I have been using a lot of pins and spray starch to help keep the shapes.  My apologies for the quality of the photograph. I have managed to finish to sides and quarter of the inner edge, so not much more to go.

To give me a bit of relief I have started cutting out a new quilt, and I need 600 21/2 X 2 1/2 half square triangles. I have completed 120 so a few more to go. I am not planning to do this new quilt in a hurry so I will take my time.

Another finish was this basket, I was testing the pattern for Helen from Hugsnkisses. I love making it it was so much fun all I need to do is fill it with Easter treats. Must go and start preparing dinner

Happy Stitching Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./