Friday, July 17, 2009

Pincushion Swap

Hi to every one I neglected to say in the last post, included in the pin cushions swap parcel was some green and pink strips of material and a a few fat quarters that were used for wrapping the gifts.

DSCF0023 It is the middle of winter here in New Zealand and I have been meaning to make some new hot water bottle covers for the family. Well I used the strips and fat quarters sent to me in the pin cushion swap and the leftover batting from around finished quilts. So from a beautifully wrapped gift I have managed to make four hot water bottle covers. My 15 year old daughter has said I must be out of my mind as the bottle covers are stippled quilted lined and bound with binding.

I love them and they are still really warm even in the morning when I make the bed. I most likely will make some more for gifts for my elderly in-laws as I know they still use hot water bottles. I can see an embroidery and appliqué  version coming soon. Please email me if you would like a copy of the instructions of how I have made them they were very easy and took no longer than an hour and a half all completed. Talk to you soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./