Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Finish, Opinion please


Hi to everyone. It is now Wednesday of the last week of the school holidays and Gabrielle I went shopping. We had a very long list from shoes for Gabrielle to wear to the wedding of my eldest daughter, to material to make Bruce my ever patient husband a jacket to wear to the same wedding. We managed to have very successful morning out and managed to achieve every thing on our list. Bruce's jacket/coat material is a 100% wool gabardine and the lining is a striking aqua blue striped satin. Gabrielle's shoes are very lovely and extremely grown up looking her first real pair of high heels. I only hope that it is not very cold and wet on the 15th May as the sandals are very strappy.

Another finish today, I have finished Neptune's Circles top so it only needs to be quilted. I have almost decided not to applique flowers over the top in warm reds but are not sure if any body has a opinion please let me know. Here is a another finish from yesterday as I promised a photograph of the quilt I am giving away.

Postscript. I will make up a mock up of the flowers I am thinking of creating and place them on the quilt and re photograph to give every one a clearer idea. But I need to be disciplined and start the jacket first.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....You make Jackets too Jeannette?? I love your two quilts you have done. They are just stunning. I would have to see the flowers that you want to applique over the top before I could say Yay or Nay. As it is it looks fabulous and no doubt with the applique flowers it would look even more stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great as is! Like Tozz said, I'd have to see the flowers.

    You asked about the quilting on my Posh Tot Quilt. The quilting design was called "Champagne Bubbles" if I remember correctly. I don't know how long arm quilters get their "patterns," but the quilter I used was through www.quiltology.com. They are based in Chicago though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red smails trail and stars quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is very pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanette, I *love* your Neptune's Circles, and what stunning colours you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I mean WOW! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./