Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mystery Quilt

Hi all
The weather has certainly been confusing in Wellington over the last few weeks, earlier this week we had a wild southerly storm and now two days later it is mild and warm again. Autumn has certainly come with a vengeance.
Starting on the 1st April I will be posting the beginning of a mystery quilt, with clues being online the 1st of every month.  I am not able to keep up with testing the patterns I have been designing so have decided to offer a mystery quilt to help keep me on task. On the 1st April I will list the fabric requirements and the first clue, this quilt can be very scrappy or otherwise if you like control you can use less fabrics and a smaller colour palette. In the next few days I will photograph my possible fabrics to give you an idea of what I am going to use.
The colours I am playing with at the moment range from soft pinks to dark red and soft aqua, but it is quit possible that that might change.
All posts must have some colour in them, so here is a photograph of the latest off the long arm. It is a hand appliqued Baltimore the last in the series, one for each of my daughters. This quilt used over 9 bobbins so that is more than 720 yards of thread not counting what was used on the top, and took over a month off and on to quilt it.
Thanks for dropping by Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./