Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Dresden Plate adventure

This is another finish, and not much else finished this week. This quilt was on the machine for just under a week, and this was due to I had quilted feathers all over the pieced blocks and you could not see them at all. So for the following three days I unpicked and then re quilted. I was experimenting with creating the effect of lace on the pieced blocks and i am not sure if I achieved it. I decided to play with two kinds of back ground looks in behind the Dresden plates and used  pebbling and mctavishing well at least my version of it.I love the way the dresden plates look like large daisies.



Do you remember  this quilt from at least two years ago, well this is the next on the long arm to go on
For this one I will be using a variegated thread, and most likely an all over design something to echo the paisley in the border. Any suggestions would be great.
Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./