Tuesday, February 3, 2009



Hi Everyone, today my youngest started her senior school years. Gabrielle was very happy as she knew people in most of her classes. So this will make it easier for her as our friends even at her age need to be close.
Over the last few days I have been working on a new bag it has a five foundation pieced stars in a panel that I found in my UFO pile. I will surround it in red and create a large tote to carry my stitching around in. This UFO dates back to the late 1990"s
Currently I have no hand stitching on hand so I have started a new project based on MODA TULA PINK NEPTUNE CIRCLES UNDER SEA QUILT PATTERN. Here is a link that will hope fully work so you can see the pattern


I have decided to do the patterns in blacks, greys golds and creams and hand applique all the blocks. I think there are 42 blocks with a variation of different circles. This should keep me out of mischief for a while. This is the first time I have tried a quilt in these colours before it initially was going to black 'and white but I could not get enough light , medium and darks within my stash so I played with dyes in the kitchen with the existing Black and Whites to create a material palette I could work with. So far I have completed 5 blocks up to the first stage.
This morning I went out to the local book shop for a walk I had been told about Australian Homespun offering a BOM for the awareness of Breast Cancer
Above is a link back to one of the designers. This morning I was able to find the magazine and cannot wait to start. As the BOM lasts until September I aim to get completed each instalment out of the monthly magazine. This is a very worthy cause please have a look.
Talk to you soon Jeannette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./