Monday, February 24, 2014

Longarm Quilting Classes

Hi all

New Plans for 2014, classes and new designs


Over the last few years I have often been asked whether I would offer classes on my Longarm and would the machine be available for rental. Due to the new quilt booking program I am now able to offer classes and eventually rental time on the machine  at times when the quilting machine is idle.
The classes run from a introduction class to the more advanced depending where you are on your quilting journey.
All  of the classes are in a small group format class and times are flexible so please contact me if your group or you as  an individual would like to make a time to come for a class. 

Stokeswood Dream
Over the last few months  when not quilting I have been spending the time designing beginner quilt patterns. This has been a very interesting exercise, as I have been quilting for more than quarter of a century and when I make a quilt I do not think of techniques I just do it instinctively.
So as part of the exercise in writing the patterns , I have been writing the pattern and then creating the quilt top following step by step as I go. This has certainly been very revealing as sometimes the written word does not convey exactly the steps required. As time permits in the next few months hope fully more patterns will follow to add to the ones here.
Baltimore
Stokeswood

Below is a glimpse of the latest on the machine, this is the last in a series of Baltimore's,  I start 20 years ago, one for each of my daughters. It has been hand appliqued and machine pieced and now I am quilting it on my long arm and hope fully I can finish it by early next week. Thanks for dropping by it is a lovely fine day here so I must go and hang out the washing.
Jeannette


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you please leave a message and come back soon
1./